Re: LSUIElement

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: LSUIElement
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:37:51 +0100

On 30.01.2013 21:26, Abhi Beckert wrote:
One simple example:

https://github.com/abhibeckert/binary-clock/commits/gnustep/desktop/BCBorderlessWindow.m

As you can see, I'm setting [self backgroundColor] in awakeFromNib. On OS X
I was doing this:

https://github.com/abhibeckert/binary-clock/blob/f586795fe2ea08e6900c6d5591666e64be63ceb0/desktop/BCBorderlessWindow.m

But it fails in GNUStep, because the background color specified in the gorm
file overrode the change (at least I assumed that's what was going on).

I don't think it's specific to window background colors, I saw this
behaviour in other places.

That is quite an interesting problem that I still don't fully understand. NSWindows aren't stored in the NIB file directly, instead an NSWindowTemplate gets stored and this recreates the NSWindow on loading. In GNUstep we really first init the window and set its stored attributes later, when the window is created during NIB loading. But as none of the values you mention (background colour, window level) is set during NIB loading I don't see why your old code did not work.

I hope to find time to download your whole application and debug it a bit.

Fred