Re: LSUIElement

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: LSUIElement
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:44:29 +0100

On 01.02.2013 22:14, Abhi Beckert wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

NSWindows aren't stored in the NIB file directly, instead an
NSWindowTemplate gets stored and this recreates the NSWindow on loading. In
GNUstep we really first init the window and set its stored attributes
later, when the window is created during NIB loading. But as none of the
values you mention (background colour, window level) is set during NIB

The old code didn't set the window level (it wasn't necessary on OS X, as
the default value has acceptable behaviour in that window manager).

One point to note with the window colour is I don't think Xcode lets you
specify the window background colour in the nib (I haven't got a mac handy
to double check), while gorm does let you specify the background colour
(and I confirmed that this setting was overriding the one I set in the init
method).

Ah, now I understand, you were using Gorm files for GNUstep and a NIB file for MacOSX. Yes, from Gorm files we also retrieve the background colour and the window level, which explains why your values from the init method got overridden. Why did you use Gorm files, didn't your original NIB files work with GNUstep? Or did you have to improve the layout because of differences in the display of controls?

Fred