Re: ProjectCenter / Gorm do not work together

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter / Gorm do not work together
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:39:50 -0600

El lun, 18-02-2013 a las 12:27 +0100, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/18/13 02:10, Germán A. Arias wrote:
> > El dom, 17-02-2013 a las 21:43 +0100, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
> >> Nobody else is reproducing this though, or?
> >>
> >> Riccardo
> > Well after some test I found this:
> >
> > In a OS without WindowMaker the GNUstep installation create the
> > "GNUstep" directory at user folder. In this case, after launch Ink in a
> > terminal, I get the error about that isn't possible create the Services
> > directory. This is the GNUstep folder in user folder:
> >
> > drwxr-xr-x  4 german german    4096 20..... GNUstep
> >
> > If I create the "Library" folder inside this, there isn't problem.
> >
> > In a OS with WindowMaker, windowmaker create the GNUstep directory at
> > user folder. This is the folder:
> >
> > drwxr-xr-x  5 german german  4096 2012-07-03 21:50 GNUstep
> >
> > And there isn't problem. So, seems that the problem is only present when
> > gnustep create the "GNUstep" folder.
> The permissions do look the same. This is confising. Germàn, you are
> thus able to reproduce Edwin's problem. When GNUstep creates the
> directory, are you manually able to create the required subdirectories?
> Do you get both the warning from make_services and the problem with
> GWorkspace? Do you use latest GWorkspace from SVN which checks for the
> Library directory before creating the subdirectory?
>
> Riccardo

Well, I installed GWorkspace. When I launch it, I see the message about
that make_services can't create the services directory. But after that,
the directory is created, so I suppose GWorkspace create this. But
GWorkspace works fine, I don't see any error.

I think the problem with make_services is that it assumes that "Library"
folder is there. So it fails.