Re: png Error while linking gui

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: png Error while linking gui
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 23:09:49 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:44:32 +0100, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

On 20.02.2013 19:45, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

The signatures of many exported functions were changed, such that
    png_structp became png_structrp or png_const_structrp
    png_infop became png_inforp or png_const_inforp
where "rp" indicates a "restricted pointer".

here I see that png_sizeof() is just a #define to sizeof()

so exchanging it with sizeof should just work?

Using sizeof() instead of png_sizeof() should work around that specific issue, but I read through the PNG webpage and there are a lot more changes coming:

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-1.4.x-to-1.5.x-summary.txt

And even 1.5 is outdated by now, they have released 1.6 and are working on 1.7. In 1.6 they deprecated png_info_init_3() which means that we need to rewrite the whole png code. We rather should do that change at once. My 1.2.49 version of libpng already has png_create_info_struct(). Are there any older versions still in use that miss that function?

http://forum.nevercorner.net/viewtopic.php?id=2662

Debian guys...

I would offer the version I have on my sparc box:

png-1.2.24          Library for manipulating PNG images

I don't know if it already has the symbol you mention?

extern PNG_EXPORT(png_infop,png_create_info_struct)

the header is a bit convoluted, but I can see:
#define png_info_init(info_ptr) png_info_init_3(&info_ptr,\
    png_sizeof(png_info));
#endif

But for now, the small patch I propose should do the job, or? May I commit it? It works for me.. compiles and I can load pngs.

Riccardo

Riccardo