Re: Windows Issues: pasteboard

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Windows Issues: pasteboard
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:25:01 +0200

Hi,

On 06/15/13 23:13, Fred Kiefer wrote:

To me this sounds as exactly a fix to the problem you are seeing. If you are already on a current version, there isn't much I can do for you. My Windows installation has been unusable ever since I switched to Mountain Lion where the version of VMware I own is no longer working. And I am so annoyed about their upgrade policy that I wont buy a newer version. Sadly that VM disk wont boot with Virtual Box. Most likely I will have to reinstall my Windows with Virtual Box and up to now I didn't see much reason for that.

Best thing you can do is inspect the issue yourself.

sorry for the noise: problem solved. I did update everything, but there was a spurious "gpbs" executable in Local instead of System! I don't know how, because the libraries themselves were installed correctly. Local has priority over System thus it was using that single old buggy pasteboard server.
Just deleting it fixed it.

Riccardo