Printing with xlib & art backend

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Printing with xlib & art backend
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 00:57:34 +0200

Hi,

I think this has mostly to do with Eric's optimisations about 2 years ago.
Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Printing error: <NSException: 0x84762e4> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:[GSStreamContext-GSDefineGState] not implemented INFO:(null)

GSStreamContexts does not implement GSDefineGState explicitely, throwing an exception.

During Eric's refactor, a lot of code was moved from NSImage to NSImageRep, but also PS operation were substituted with DPS operation, which do require gState though.

Thus my educated guess is that printing images is broken since that time except on cairo

I had the idea of using supportsDrawingGState to skip, but it is incorrect and it will break, as then DPSComposite doesn't work.

Ideas?

Riccardo