Re: Graphos news

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Graphos news
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 23:56:41 +0200

Hi,

William F. Adams wrote:
Glad it was helpful

I've finally begun work on a paper for TUGboat (intended to be a part of a book
I'm finally back to working on) which touches on vector drawing software and
its capabilities --- would you be interested in reading it to see a
traditionally trained graphic designer's view of vector software?

sure, why not? Although graphic people have often very personal opinions (especially "us" who have worked with pioneer software: not only FreeHand from Macromedia, but even from Aldus. Or SuperPaint II, MacDraft...) it is absolute positive to share them. I for example, liked working with FreeHand, but was never a friend of Illustrator and could not adapt to CorelDraw, even if I used coreldraw since the time of 5.25" floppies!

Riccardo

PS: while I have fixed some of your reports, I'm working on zoom. It is tricky: I think you discovered a mysterious bug with the "fit" properties which became apparent when I tried to make zooming more finegrained. Once I have more insight in this, I'll report back.