Re: Simplified Chinese Translations

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Simplified Chinese Translations
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:36:33 +0200

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Riccardo Mottola <rm@gnu.org> wrote:
Another thing I ask other "base" experts: is it okay for the strings file to have chine strings directly in it and have (hopefully) a BOM header? When doing italian and german translations, i always encoded  special unicode characters directly with \u, not by typing them into the file, which resulted in invalid plists.

I'd say that we should ideally, by default, presume that a file is UTF-8 encoded without BOM.