Re: Panel Loops (Was: Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence)

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Panel Loops (Was: Re: GWorkspace - viewer preference persistence)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 01:30:22 -0400

----- Mensaje original -----

De: Riccardo Mottola

Enviado: 24-09-13 04:25

Para: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org

Hi German,

let me quite myself. I want to fix this problem before a new release,
however I discovered it is not always reproducible.

I asked Gregory for help and obviously it works at his place.

I tried on my OpenBSD/gcc computer and it works fine.
I tried on FreeBSD/clang/libobjc2 and it reproduces.
I tried on NetBSD/gcc and it reproduces

The quickest test is to make a file read-only and try to rename it.

How do other people fare with their setups? I see no patters. My 3
machines are x86-32,it is not related to clang/libobjc-2 only.... I
don't get it.

I have no real clue, but usually system dependent stuff means stuff like
mismatching signatures, nsuinterer/nsinteger.... casts...

Warnings might be a clue

Unfortunately the disk of my computer is failing from yesterday, so I can't do test currently. But in my pc, the problem occurs when I try to rename a directory with an extension. For example, if i try to write a new directory as "Silver.theme", this stuck GWorkspace.

I will recover my system tomorrow, so I will do more tests.

Germán.