Re: Themes (again)

From: oberhage
Subject: Re: Themes (again)
Date: 2 Oct 2013 15:35:36 GMT

Hello,

Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

regarding the look and pleasentness of use ...

: Since this thread is still growing, I feel I have to tip in my 2c's worth.
:
: IMHO, NeXTstep was *the* best-looking OS ever released on any
: hardware, and what originally drew me to Window Maker and GNUstep is
: its elegance and beauty.
:
: Every other theme included in Window Maker is vastly poorer and more
: cheap and amateurish-looking than the default; I always exert great
: care not to choose any of them, as I've never found a way back.
:
: This is one reason I can't abide KDE - it looks *vile* to me, with its
: horrible shading and garish colours like a cheap, nasty plastic toy.
:
: To this day, I think the default GNUstep theme of restrained greys and
: blacks is one of the most distinctive, smart, elegantly restrained
: looks in the entire world of GUIs on any and all computers. I think
: we'd be mad to throw it away.

... you're talking from the bottom of my heart.

But nowadays (wrt 'new' look) I'll be happy as long as it at least will
stay in the list of selectable options without additional download(s).

Thanks!

Ruediger Oberhage