Re: OpenBSD ports update

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: OpenBSD ports update
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:41:45 +0000

On 29 Oct 2013, at 06:43, "Sebastian Reitenbach"
<sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:

> Due to clang's ability to produce working binaries on macppc, macppc
> ports kept the status quo and are still compiling with gcc-4.2.1.

I think you mean inability?

> What would be the best next platform to tackle? Armv7, loongson, mips64,
> sparc(64)?

libobjc2 has assembly fast paths for ARMv6+ and MIPS64.  They're tested by me
with clang on MIPS n64 and ARMv7, although I haven't tried building all of
GNUstep on either platform yet.

We're now able to build a complete FreeBSD base system for PowerPC64 with
LLVM/Clang, but the kernel only boots if compiled at -O0.  Hopefully by LLVM
3.5 we'll be able to switch completely to Clang there, although PowerPC32
support is still lagging a bit.

David