Re: launching apps from gworkspace

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: Re: launching apps from gworkspace
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:37:07 +0100

Am 07.11.2013 15:49, schrieb Michael P. Soulier:
> On 05/11/13 Riccardo Mottola said:
>
>> no, it is not. I jsut checked and it doesn't happen for me. Laterna
>> magica should add each time the image to the list, automatically
>> select it and display it.
>> Something is not working. Do you see it added to the list? what
>> happens if you drag-n-drop it to the list window? or manually "add"
>> it with the add button?
>>
>> Other applications, like PRICE, Ink, GSPdf are multi-document
>> instead, thus each time you wiell get a new window.
>>
>> GNUstep is mac-like in the sense that you should always have only
>> one instance of each application running.
>
> Oddly, it only happened once. I tried to repro and it didn't happen. Maybe it
> was because it was the first time I've run the application?
>
> BTW, is there a simple way in GNUstep of doing desktop notifications? I've got
> a Python twitter client, and it uses notifications to pop up new tweets.

You can easily achive this using the DBUsKit. Just send an appropriate
dbus message to the service org.freedesktop.Notifications. The current
development version of CDPlayer (https://github.com/schik/cdplayer) uses
that. See file TrackList.m for an example.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Hilfe für Heimkinder in Kasachstan / Help orphans in Kazakhstan:
Jurte e.V. - www.jurte-ev.de