version checking

From: Kevin Mitchell
Subject: version checking
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 02:15:19 -0800

I have been experimenting with different versions of the GNUstep libraries. I have discovered that somewhere between gnustep-gui=0.20.0-3 (in Debian unstable) and 0.24.0 (the latest svn), the
-[NSBezierPath setLineDash:(const float *)pattern count:(int)count phase:(float)phase]
has been fixed to be more consistent with the apple implementation
-[NSBezierPath setLineDash:(const CGFloat *)pattern count:(NSInteger)count phase:(CGFloat)phase]

Previously, I succeeded in compiling code that used this method using both GNUStep and Cocoa with an #ifdef GNUSTEP hack. Of course, this no longer works for the newer gnustep version.

I have tried using something like

#if GS_API_VERSION(012200, GS_API_LATEST)

but this doesn't seem to evaluate to false on gnustep-gui=0.20.0

what is the proper way to detect and handle different gnustep versions?

Kevin