Login Panel Setup

From: Maurice Metternich
Subject: Login Panel Setup
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 17:14:03 +0200

Hello!

I'm trying to make my OS as NeXT-ish as possible. However I've been missing a good login manager. Eventually I came across loginpanel, which seems to be pretty neat. So I compiled it and got the loginpanel.app file. How do I set this up now? What files do I have to edit in order to start the login panel before starting windowmaker.

One thing I have to say that I'm new to this stuff. Having hardly used Linux before (expect for a basic Ubuntu installation) I switched to it from Mac OS X about 2 weeks ago. I'm currently using Debian since it's the only distribution that officially supports PowerPC processors (I'm on a PowerMac G5).

I'm thankful for every help I get.

Maurice Metternich