Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:34:45 +0000

On Sat Aug 30 2014 at 2:50:15 PM <jimserac@gmail.com> wrote:
I've switched permanently to OSX, currently Snow Leopard and abandoned various Linuxes which somehow seem to become more crippled with each new release.  I'm all done with gnome2, gnome3,  permissions required to access my bloody f_____g USB disk drive, dependency problems, the whole mess....DONE.

Now for the question...

Must I abandon my GNUSTEPeriments  or is there a way to get GNUSTEP running on Snow Leopard ?

Sure: virtual machines are a great way to get GNUstep running.

You probably don't want to try to get the entire GNUstep Foundation and GUI running directly, using X11, under OS X. If you do, please document your steps, you'll certainly help others who'd like to use GNUstep under OS X.