releasing a thread object (Gworkspace)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: releasing a thread object (Gworkspace)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:45:57 +0200

Hi,

I am still struggling to tweak GWorkspace's FileOpInfo and its executor: I think it is "leaking".

I'm referring to:
Operation/FilewOpInfo.m

If I put a NSLog() in in the FilOpExecutor dealloc (around line 770), I can expect that eventually it should be reached, right? else, it is leaking.

I'm a bit new to the use of tasks and DOs and the memory retaining inside.

the setPorts: method does an alloc and a release, so it is balanced.

The thread gets detached in detachOperationThread (line 316)

Gregory added a NSThreadWillExitNotification observer, but at that point, the executor is already dead, no point sending it a release, nothing will happen.

What else could be retaining the FileOpExecutor, perhaps the connection?

Riccardo