Re: Wondering if ~/GNUstep shouldn't be ~/.GNUstep (i.e. hidden..)

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: Wondering if ~/GNUstep shouldn't be ~/.GNUstep (i.e. hidden..)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 21:14:36 +0000

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Stefan <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

>> No, I'm suggesting a more radical approach where only the defaults directory
>> would be moved to ~/.config and the rest of the structure, which will
>> normally not exist at all, be moved to ~/. In this case, it would look
>> something like:
>
> GNUstep/Library/Defaults/ -> .config/
> GNUstep/Library/Libraries/ -> Library/Libraries/
> GNUstep/Applications/ -> Applications/
> Etc...

This is more in line with the Openstep Filesystem design. The User
Domain is supposed to have almost the same layout as the Local and
System Domains.

The user is also not supposed to be looking at the raw home directory
right? The file manager is supposed to hide all the innards from the
user via the Desktop abstraction.