Not all console output redirected to text file

From: Rael Bauer
Subject: Not all console output redirected to text file
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:44:44 +0200

Hi,

(This is some background to the question:
I have setup GNUStep environment to use clang as compiler as per these instructions
https://solarianprogrammer.com/2012/03/21/clang-objective-c-windows/
My makefile includes a line: CC=clang)

I have simple project with a few files and a GNUmakefile.

When I type: make >log.txt

Only the following gets into the file:

This is gnustep-make 2.6.5. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
Making all for tool CardGame...
 Compiling file main.m ...
 Compiling file Card.m ...
 Compiling file Deck.m ...
 Compiling file PlayingCard.m ...
 Linking tool CardGame ...

However, there are a whole lot of warnings that appear in the console but don't get into the text file.

How can I get the warnings and errors to go into the text file as well?

(Also, is there a way to have the output go to both screen and text file)

Thanks
Rael