Re: weak redefinition

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: weak redefinition
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:39:04 +0200

Hi,

David Chisnall wrote:
__weak is a keyword in Objective-C (and was before the last NetBSD release).
If they use a language keyword in their system headers, then they can not
expect it to work.  Identifiers starting with a double underscore are reserved
for ‘the implementation’ in C.  Objective-C uses __weak, __strong,
__unsafe_unretained, __block, and a few others.  These are all prefixed with a
double underscore to avoid conflicts with other identifiers and because the
compiler is part of ‘the implementation’.

do you have an authoritative reference to that? I wound "weak" and not "__weak". A language spec or a doc from Apple would be excellent, so I can argument to the NetBSD guys.

Riccardo