Re: bundle path problem on Solaris

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: bundle path problem on Solaris
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 08:25:18 +0200

Am 4/29/2015 um 9:17 AM schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
Hi,

I am tracking down a problem on Solaris/SPARC (verified both on 5.8 and 5.10)

in GWorkspace, FSNodeRep is inside the FSNode framework, which has its own Resources.
GWorkspace application is a different bundle and has other resources.

In FSNodeRep, there is code that gets the current bundle this way [1]

NSBundle *bundle = [NSBundle bundleForClass: [FSNodeRep class]];

on e.g. NetBSD, it is the FSNode bundle (inside Library/Frameworks) on Solaris it is the GWorkspace bundle and from there all resources fail to load until a crash happens.

I will try to fix NSImage/NSImageRep not to get NSData if the path is nil, but that is just the effect of the above bug: I get the wrong bundle

do you have a clue on what is going wrong? where canI look in the code for further information?

(Sebastian: I wonder if you have a similar problem with TalkSoup on OpenBSD)

Might be the same, but don't know. At least, GWorkspace seems to be fine for me. Yesterday I got around to test TalkSoup on 32Bit, and also there, it's failing to load its bundles.
Just need to find the time to take a closer look.

Sebastian

Riccardo

[1]
https://github.com/gnustep/gworkspace/blob/master/FSNode/FSNodeRep.m