Fwd: Re: icon designer : help wanted for theming folder icons

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Fwd: Re: icon designer : help wanted for theming folder icons
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:42:01 +0100

Le 15/11/2015 15:18, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hi,

I hope you have read the mail and seen the screenshot on the Tango
theme. I can proudly say that all work was don with GNUstep applications
itself!
Searching and looking for icons directly in GWorkspace, creating and
working on the Artwork itself with PRICE and Piko Pixel! Instead of
resorting to Windows or Mac, I could finally do minor modifications to
the artwork within GNUstep apps, isn't this something to be proud of?

I seek help to create basic icons that are "missing" from the official
Tango library set and which are needed with GWorkspace. (I don't like
and would prefer not to use the Gnome icon there)

We have an official folder icon and a "Home icon" which is the same icon
with a white home.

Who wants to take the stake to design in the same style:
- Music folder
- Images folder
- Download folder
- Library folder
- System "gnustep" folder

These are themable things and with that a first release of the theme
could be done. Some obvious things are still missing, but those images
are not themable yet, because only named images living in the same App
bundle are. I am investigating this separately.

I'm not an icon designer, but I've made several icons for my own desktop
and for GWorkspace, to be used with the Rik.theme from Riccardo
Canalicchio and Alessandro Sangiuliano. You can see and download it on
Github :

https://github.com/BertrandDekoninck/RikIcons

It's not Tango, and you may think it's too OSX-ish.
I've got some Music, Images, Download, Library and System Icons in the
"SVG Source/common" folder of the repository.

Maybe I could find some time to put them on a Tango Folder icon.

Just to be sure : what is the format needed ? Tiff ? PNG ? in a 48x48 or
higher ?

Bertrand Dekoninck

PS : Sorry for double post Riccardo, I didn't send it to the list first.