Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:59:32 +0100

Hi,

James dAuthreau wrote:
Following my last post I installed GNUstep on a windows 7 machine, and it works fine, so it rather points to a Windows 10 issue, so it would be great if an installer that works for Windows 10 could be developed, as most people will / have upgraded to this at some point.

it could still be an installer issue. I know that our stuff runs fine on windows 8 and 10 is not really that different. I myself have at work windows 7.. I resist because of the terrible look of the others :)

Also, if plparse works, basic stuff is working and obj-c is executing, which is a good sign. I'd try to analyze differences in installation. Check if the DLLs are there and compare on both machines your environment in the shell (env command).

Perhaps there are other issues? I remember having issues if my username (and thus the auto-created home directory) had spaces> instead of a nickname the typical FirstName and LastName setup of windows.

Riccardo