Re: Installation issues debian 8.2

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Installation issues debian 8.2
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 12:25:20 +0100

Hi,

Tristan Bellogi wrote:
& run the script...
It fails whith errors @:
cd ~/core/base/
./configure
make -j8

I got this...

checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and
libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.

I probably did something wrong but can't figure out what, so shortly:
How to install gnustep/objc2 on my debian 8.2
which compiler is being picked up, if yous till have both installed? Check futher up in the messages

setting CC is your friend.

e.g.
./configure CC=compilerXX

Riccardo