Localisation of Frameworks

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Localisation of Frameworks
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:15:17 +0100

Hello,

thanks to Bertrand, I am spurred to improve localisation of our Apps. For non-english users it enhances the experience quite a bit!

GWorkspace is localized with this method
- There is one English GORM file
- The controller has an IBOutlet for every text/title/label
- there are many Localizable.strings for every language, English itself included - On initialization, every text is localized using _(@"key) or NSLocalizedString(@"key", @"")

This is quite tedious but works quite fine nad has the advantage of having only 1 Gorm file.

First, any real difference or preference between _(@"key) or NSLocalizedString(@"key", @"") ? The former is a GS Macro.

The same architecture is done also in supporting Frameworks (e.g. FSNode). However, there, localization does not seem to work. I suppose the strings in the Framework should work and be used, right? Otherwise if a Framework were to be used by a different application it would translate differently. I get no translation.
Also if the translation is put in the app, it doesn't work either.

Riccardo