GUI issue - adding item to Menu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: GUI issue - adding item to Menu
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:22:04 +0200

Hi,

I discovered a very strange behaviour. I think it is a bug and it would be nice in case to solve it before release.

I think that if the Main app menu is called "X" and you add a submenu also called "X" and then add items Y to submenu X, they get added to the main menu and the submeni disappears.

Where to check: latest Terminal code from GAP.
Code in main.m:
http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/trunk/system-apps/Terminal/main.m?revision=3185&root=gap&view=markup

Terminal has a Main Menu called "Terminal". It used to have a sub-menu called Terminal (there are screenshots that prove that it worked). The code was commented out.
I put it back in, it doesn't work well.
However if I name the submenu "foo" it works. I suppose a quirk!

The code section is:

        /* 'Terminal' menu */
        m=[[NSMenu alloc] init];
        [m addItemWithTitle: _(@"New window")