Re: Review/update of gworkspace translation

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Review/update of gworkspace translation
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 11:47:06 +0200

Hi,

Svetlana A. Tkachenko wrote:
Are there some volonteers to deals with the attached files ?
How may I do a Russian translation?
Is there any beginning of it?
Or I just take one of the two files you sent, and start from scratch?

there is none. It was planned about 2 years ago when certain interest in GS stuff sparkled in a Russian Distro, but the whole translation stuff was bad already in the 3 "main" languages I try to maintain (Italian, German, French). There were no translations effort in more than 10 years and things were in a sorry state.

Now, since Bertrand pushed me, I did a lot of cleanup and also enabled translation of many more components and I think that there is enough translation that it starts to be usable.

Is Russian representable cleanly in UTF-8 ?

The best thing to start with is to take the English.lproj Localizable.strings and do a Russian.lproj

Start with GWorkspace's.

There are other things to translate, each subproject has its own. FSNode is the most important, but I guess right now it contains a lot of useless strings too.

Riccardo