Re: Printing not working at all...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Printing not working at all...
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:43:32 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
the first thing I notice from your stack trace is that the line numbers are
missing. That way I cannot tell which exception gets thrown. Most likely the
PPD file is missing or corrupt. If the file is actually missing, you should try
to select a different default printer. If there aren't any PPD files at all, as
you wrote, you need to find out why that is the case.

We have the default PPD in GUI. Where should it be? I just checked on this computer, where things are not working, and I find it here:

/System/Library/PostScript/PPD/English.lproj/Generic-PostScript_Printer-Postscript.ppd

Is the "English.lproj" subdir correct?

On Graphos I can invoke both "print" and "page layout" with no crash, I wonder how Ink is different.

I tried on my computers at home and Ink prints... so the problem is not everywhere. On Ubuntu I am able to print from Ink, but the generated postscript file is invalid to ghostscript. I will report that issue separately.

Riccardo