Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 22:07:14 +0100

Hi,

On 01/08/17 07:12, Germán Arias wrote:
OK, finally I tried with WindowMaker and the problem is still present.
So, this is not a problem related with window managers. Maybe a problem
with the architecture of my machine? The problem is present in my
laptop with an AMD 64 bits processor (OpenSUSE leap 42.1). But my
desktop PC, an old Intel machine of 32 bits, don have problems

I just tried on WindowMaker amd64, where a combination which usually worked fine. At least, trusty WIndowMaker.

I have slight issues with tooltips: Instead of displaying I get a window-bounce of the app-icon, meaning some kind of alert, focus change happened. Then if I move the mouse slightly on the target (a button, thus big enough) the ToolTIp appears and look as customary. Very strange. I will test on onther Windowmaker computers, including plain x86.

Riccardo