Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Tooltips problem on Gnome 3
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 12:38:39 -0600

El mar, 31-01-2017 a las 08:25 +0100, Fred Kiefer escribió:
> Sorry, but I don’t see how this output would be any different with
> your patch applied. You still get this wring behaviour of the tooltip
> not displaying correctly?

The problem disappear with --GNU-Debug=NSEvent. But in a normal launch
the problem is still present.

> Are there any other events that follow shortly after the ones in the
> attachment? But these should be the same for both cases.

No, the output I send you is generated immediately after launch the
application.

>  I really don’t want to install Gnome just to check this behaviour,
> now it looks like this is he only option.

I think that if you don't have the problem on WindowMaker, installing
Gnome will not make a difference. Maybe you should try in a virtual
machine with some distro that Riccardo has listed.

Germán