Re: Moving messages in GNUMail

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Moving messages in GNUMail
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:06:10 +0100

Hi,

Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:
It started working for me after fresh reinstall, but I have another problem now.

Fine,

I find it hard to 'reach' the folder when moving a message. I move mouse over the folder name but I have to move it around for 5-10 seconds to find the right spot -- to see the rectangle around the destination folder, so that I can confidently release the mouse button, takes a while. At some points I see a line like this:

Folder 1
  Folder 2
 o-------------
  Folder 3

This line to me sounds like it is attempting to make a new folder and place it between these two. Even though I'm in the process of moving a _message_! I'm not sure what would happen if I released the mouse button there, but I don't think this kind of thing is expected behaviour.

I don't see this kind of issue, not so strong at least. Also, a square is not needed: once the mouse pointer turns green and doesn't have the forbidden icon, it works.

I do however notice that the "hot areas" aren't defined well, they seem slightly shifted compared to the folder name. I don't know where this come s from and if it is GNUMail or GNUstep.

I am using latest stable release of GNUMail on Debian Jessie.

This is of "no information" for me and others. Latest GNUMail release is according to:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUMail

1.2.2 of Oct 26th 2014, after it was imported in gnustep-nonfsf.

Checking the ChangeLog of current SVN, I see that after 1.2.2 release several fixes flowed into GNUMail, but none related to folders and drag&drop.

Riccardo