Re: Emacs Anyone?

From: Steven Nunez
Subject: Re: Emacs Anyone?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 01:00:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi David,

I transcribed the line incorrectly (still can't get FreeBSD & open-vm-tools working). The configure line is:

env CFLAGS=-DGNUSTEP ./configure --with-ns --with-gnustep-conf=/usr/local/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf

which at least gets the configure started. It still fails with:

checking AppKit/AppKit.h usability... no
checking AppKit/AppKit.h presence... no
checking for AppKit/AppKit.h... no
configure: error: The include files (AppKit/AppKit.h etc) that are required for a Nextstep build are missing or cannot be compiled

All updates to FreeBSD applied, and AppKit.h appears to be present in /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/AppKit/AppKit.h

Anyone have any ideas why this would be failing here (FreeBSD) but apparently compiling on Linux?

Cheers,
    - Steve

On Monday, April 3, 2017 7:13 PM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:

On 3 Apr 2017, at 12:06, Steven Nunez <steve_nunez@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --with-gnustep-conf=/usr/local/GNUstep.conf

This looks wrong.  I think on FreeBSD we should be installing GNUstep.conf in /usr/local/etc/.  If we’re not, then that’s a bug in the packages...

David