Re: issue with auto-enable of Menus

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: issue with auto-enable of Menus
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:19:28 +0100

Hi Josh,

On 2017-11-13 19:14:34 +0100 Josh Freeman <gnustep_lists@twilightedge.com> wrote:

Note that Apple didn't add sel_IsEqual() to its runtime until OS X 10.5; If you still want Graphos to support OS X 10.4 & earlier, you'll need to keep using '==' on Macs. One way to do this without #ifdefs around each selector comparison would be to use a macro:

Of course I want to support them.. so nice to have stuff run on my iBook and PowerBook !

#ifdef __APPLE__
# define macroSelectorsAreEqual(selector1, selector2) (selector1 == selector2)
#else // GNUstep
# define macroSelectorsAreEqual(selector1, selector2) sel_isEqual(selector1, selector2)
#endif

I think this is finer:

#if !defined (GNUSTEP) && (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED <= MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_4)
#define sel_isEqual(selector1, selector2) (selector1 ==  selector2)
#endif

So it is just there for "old" MacOS and GNUstep and more modern MacOS are fine.
I wonder if the limit is 10.4 or 10.5, on 10.6 sel_isEqual works.

Thanks and have fun playing with Graphos :)

Riccardo