Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:30:12 +0100

Hi,

Sergii Stoian wrote:

GNUstep has set of OPENSTEP-style icons. I just don't like them. It's something personal. NEXTSPACE is my personal project. There's no problem for GNUstep. Correct me if I'm wrong.

for GNUstep perhaps not, however if you make your project public, you cannot use copyrighted icons, you need icons with a suitable license. Exactly as you cannot include "closed source" code, you cannot do that with icons (or other media.. sounds, etc).

You can reuse GNUstep icons for your project as well as those from themes.

This is even important if you ever want NEXTSPACE to be distributed, packaged, etc.... e.g. go beyond your personal use only.
You already did the first step: it is on github.

As Bertrand suggested, you can look at the themes created lately. Most of them contain since past year suitable icons for GWorkspace internals you can look for.

Riccardo