Re: Use of NSZoneStat()

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Use of NSZoneStat()
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:21:06 +0000

On 8 Mar 2018, at 16:15, amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get a handle on storage leaks and NSZoneStat()
> would be ideal... except it doesn't work.

The default malloc zone just calls malloc, so you can get the statistics from
your underlying malloc implementation.  Most mallocs come with various
debugging features - take a look at the man page.

The NSZone functionality is largely gone these days.  Cocoa has removed it
completely (and never exposed NSZone as anything other than an opaque type, so
you could never usefully define custom zones).

David