Re: GNUstep and valgrind

From: amon
Subject: Re: GNUstep and valgrind
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 01:19:02 -0500

I hate to keep pointing it out, but the off the shelf embedded
system we are using is an ARM processor running a circa 2012
Ubuntu release. They have not changed it in years. We use a
vanilla gcc tool chain. I will do the test compile tomorrow
at work but I very much doubt @autoreleasepool{} exists.

I will find a work around, and yes, I am indeed that anal. And
I am in aerospace. But I repeat myself...

Actually I posted that tidbit because it looks to me like the
API violates the intent of the the NS foundation kit standards
as I understand them. It was my impression that every Class
should be instantiable via:

          [[Foo alloc] initMyDesignatedInitializer: vals]

NSHost lacks any reasonable -init: methods. Not my call if
that is the way folks want it, but it would not be my way
of doing it.

|   Dale Amon                  Immortal Data                    |
|   CEO             Midland International Air and Space Port    |
| amon@vnl.com       "Data Systems for Deep Space and Time"     |