Re: Some GNUstep discussions in other forums

From: Bertrand Dekoninck
Subject: Re: Some GNUstep discussions in other forums
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:30:15 +0100

Le 25/12/2018 18:10, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hi Josh,

On 12/24/18 1:23 AM, Josh Freeman wrote:
https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/gnustep-this-would-be-nice-to-have/8042
http://boardreader.com/s/gnustep.html;limit=50;sort=time_desc;language=All

It hurts to read so much misinformation... like that we run only on Open
Source stuff...

Or for a guy that says he wants a File Manager for WindowMaker...

Yes indeed, and other statements as well.
Several comments see the project as dead. Which is a pity, as I follow the progress of Sergii on Nextspace and its work is quite impressive. Also, digged into this discussion, someone pointed to a screenshot of mine on my github account, which a little christmas gift for me.

in 2019 we should kick in a little in GNUstep :) I have some minor stuff
to release, but also new ideas, however not the time and/or knowledge to
work on them....

So do I ! That's why I'm reading books about GNUstep for now and doing all the exercices in them. I'd like to achieve at least two things :
        - port rik to objc1 and have it  up-to-date on ppc.
- try to code a very first application on gnustep : a screenshot utility that I miss for my gnustep desktop. I've seen an example of it on the gnustep developper pages on the web site and could start with that.

I'd also like to recreate some app icons in RikIcons and also create Tiger icons for GNUstep and a modified version of rik suiting them.

But time is the ennemy.

Bertrand