dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] DC 7/17: Propagate the Message

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] DC 7/17: Propagate the Message
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:00:49 -0400

WE ARE THE STAKEHOLDERS!

Today is the only day to spread the word on this meeting.
Tomorrow this can continue, but we will already be heading
into the weekend, asking people to do something significant
next week.  The main mission today is to rally up forces.
By Friday evening - Saturday afternoon, we will have
addressed and settled the question of how many will actually
be going.  But the work that will make that happen has to
occur TODAY.  And as early as possible, so people can do
their bit during their lunch hour, through the day and
through this evening.

                  YOUR MISSION:

Regardless of whether you can go yourself, at least think of
5, 10 or more contacts, people you have some form of
connections with, email lists of concerned groups, large and
small, especially including contacts living along the
Eastern seaboard of the United States, but any interested
contacts at all.  Ask them to attend the meeting, and ask
them to propagate the message.  Ask them to reply and let us
know they're coming.  People who are not in the area, who
are not in the same hemisphere, will still spread the word
and know of others who would want to participate.

It's easy.  You don't have to think.  Just execute.

I will follow this message with a blurb that can be
forwarded without a second thought.

The tactic on 7/17 is simply to show up and by some means
declare that we are the stakeholders.  Its sole purpose is
to present that message, violate the premises of this
"public workshop" constituted of presentations by privileged
panelists, through the drawing of that simple line.  The
details will be hashed out as we go through the weekend.
There may be more elements to the tactic as we go forward.
Let that discussion continue, but:

TODAY, the ONE THING you MUST do is PROPAGATE THE MESSAGE.

Seth Johnson