dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] NY Arena Outreach, 11/9/02 and 11/17/02

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] NY Arena Outreach, 11/9/02 and 11/17/02
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:46:36 -0500

During winter months, volunteer recruitment shifts to
methods such as speaking engagements and other sorts of
social occasions.

Brett Wynkoop of New Yorkers for Fair Use will speak on
"Your Civil Rights in the Digital Age," this December 5 in
Brooklyn.  The past two weekends we have focused on leaflet
distribution for both the FCC broadcast flag issue and this
speaking engagement.

On Saturday 11/9, we leafletted on 7th Avenue, and on Sunday
11/17, we leafletted at Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
On 11/9, 15 people signed up to volunteer during the course
of the operation, as we distributed about 250 flyers.  Then
on 11/17, 2 volunteers distributed 100 broadcast flag flyers
for an hour.  There were a few people who stopped to hear us
out, but none signed up to volunteer, beyond promising to
check out the CDT's website