dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Munich GNU/Linux Migration Suspended

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Munich GNU/Linux Migration Suspended
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 19:16:54 -0400

(. . . due to SW patent indeterminacy.  -- Seth)

> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/04/08/04/1233241.shtml?tid=163&tid=155&tid=218

City of Munich Freezes Its Linux Migration

Posted by timothy on Wednesday August 04, @08:41AM

from the patently-something dept.

Jan0815 writes "Yesterday I received disturbing news from the CTO of Munich,
Wilhelm Hoegner. As previously mentioned, there is a rising concern that
software patents could stifle development of open source worldwide. FFII has
complete coverage of what is going on in Europe." (FFII stands for
Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure.) Reader jmt(tm) writes
"The call for bids was supposed to be published in late July, but the Munich
Green Party had pointed out about 50 possible patent conflicts which the
city wants to evaluate before moving on.

--

DRM is Theft!  We are the Stakeholders!

New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org

I reserve no rights restricting copying, modification or distribution of
this incidentally recorded communication.  Original authorship should be
attributed reasonably, but only so far as such an expectation might hold for
usual practice in ordinary social discourse to which one holds no claim of
exclusive rights.