dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] Internet Freedom Under Fire - Act Now

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] Internet Freedom Under Fire - Act Now
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:21:51 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [FORUM] Internet Freedom Under Fire - Act Now
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:30:59 -0500
From: Andy Valeri <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

After destroying TV and radio, mega-media corporations are
scheming to  control what content you can view and which services
you can use online.

Streaming video, Internet phones, podcasting and online games are
the  future of the Internet. But companies like Verizon, AT&T and
Comcast want  Congress to let them deliver only their own
products at super-high speeds  ... while sticking the rest of us
in the slow lane.

This predatory scheme would be a dead end for independent voices
and  Internet innovators: bloggers, producers, and any new
channels and services  that might compete with the conglomerates.

The only way to stop them is to raise hell right now:

Tell Big Media and Congress: Hands Off Our Internet.

Go to http://www.freepress.net/action/neutrality

 From its beginnings, the Internet was built on a cooperative,
democratic  ideal. The infrastructure’s only job was to move data
between users —  regardless of where it came from or what it
contained.

This "network neutrality" fostered a medium that did not exclude
anyone,  allowed for far-reaching innovations, and created the
Internet as we know it.

Past experience shows that when large media companies are left to
their own  devices, the result is content and services that serve
nothing but their  bank accounts. An open and independent
Internet is the antidote to these  media gatekeepers.

If big media companies are allowed to limit the fastest services
to those  who can pay their toll, upstart Web services,
consumers, bloggers and new  media makers alike all would be cut
off from the digital revolution.

Tell Big Media and Congress: Hands Off Our Internet. Go to
http://www.freepress.net/action/neutrality

Free Press will deliver a letter to the CEO of your broadband
provider and  send copies to your members of Congress, urging
them to write "network  neutrality" into law.

Act now. We must defend our Net freedoms before we lose them
altogether.

Onward,
Timothy Karr
Campaign Director
www.freepress.net

P.S. Please forward this e-mail right now to everyone you know
who uses the Internet.

P.P.S Check out the new Free Press Web site — Dead End for the
Internet? —  to learn more about net neutrality and how to ensure
that the Web remains  an open road. Go to
http://www.freepress.net/deadend/

Andy Valeri; MVCC Programming Supervisor
Miami Valley Communications Council
1195 E. Alex-Bell Rd.
Centerville, Ohio 45459
p 937-438-8887