dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] dmidecode for DOS?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] dmidecode for DOS?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:33:51 +0200

Hi Ian,

> I'll see what I can find out.  Thankfully it only needs to be a read
> only function, chances of doing something horrible should not be too
> high.  gcc util.c complains about MAP_SHARED being undeclared.

This suggests that you are compiling with -DUSE_MMAP (which is the
default). I guess mmap() isn't available on DOS, so you edit the
Makefile to remove that define from CFLAGS, which should let you go
around the problem.

Anyway, this is precisely the part of the code you will need to replace,
so it doesn't really matter.

--
Jean Delvare