dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] [Patch 0/4] dmidecode: add dmi sysfs support

From: Ivan Khoronzhuk
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] [Patch 0/4] dmidecode: add dmi sysfs support
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:52:32 +0200

On 02/04/2015 04:46 PM, Anton Arapov wrote:
Hello Ivan,

I’m fine with the patchset in general. Though I don’t like moving the
memory allocation to smbios_decode(), it dupes the code and doesn’t
help reading. But I can live with this.

It dupes a little, but it simplifies dmi_table_dum() in the same time.

I do not want to have an extra depenendency on libmifs too. dmidecode
as a tool meant to be self-sufficient. We might want to get the dmifs
implementation into dmidecode.

Jean, what is your opinion here?

thanks!
Anton.