dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] dmidecode 3.1 to be released soon

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [dmidecode] dmidecode 3.1 to be released soon
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 08:25:08 +0200

Hi all,

Version 3.0 of dmidecode was released over one year and a half ago.
Since then a number of bugs have been fixed, and support for SMBIOS
3.1.0 and 3.1.1 has been added. I believe it would be the right time
for a new release. My plans are to release dmidecode 3.1 by the end of
the month (May 2017.)

So I would like to ask everyone to give good testing to the latest git
version [1], especially if you have a very recent machine or are
running a non-Linux operating system, and report any problem found.
Reports that everything works fine are welcome too ;-)

[1] git://git.savannah.gnu.org/dmidecode.git

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support