dolibarr-bugtrack

[Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1815] Greek does not show correctly on invoice

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1815] Greek does not show correctly on invoices
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 16:00:52 +0200

Doliforge
Is this email not displaying correctly?
update email preferences.

Greek does not show correctly on invoices

Latest modifications

Try add in Setup Other MAIN_PDF_FORCE_FONT -> DejaVuSans

Answer now

Snapshot

 Details
Submitted by:  Mario DE WEERD (mdeweerd) Submitted on:  2015-01-29 23:01
Last Modified On:  2015-02-01 20:49
Unfortunately, the greek address does not show correctly on the invoice - it shows correctly in the interface though.
Step to reproduce bug:  Create customer with greek adress:

Νέο Ηράκλειο Αττικής, Αθήνα

Then create order/invoice. Create the invoice PDF. Check that the address prints incorrectly.

Checked in the demo:
http://demo.dolibarr.org/compta/facture.php?facid=291
Detected in version:  3.7.0 Category:  Other
Severity:  5 - Major OS Type/Version:
PHP version:   Database type and version:
 Status
Resolution:  None

Comments

Nikos Drosis 2015-02-02 16:00
Try add in Setup Other MAIN_PDF_FORCE_FONT -> DejaVuSans
Mario DE WEERD 2015-02-01 20:49
Good, thank you.

I had searched on the forums but the only replies that I found indicated that one had to go and modify the php files.

Now looking for the constant, I find that there is a wiki page listing them.

May I suggest adding a link to http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Setup_Other on "dolibarr/admin/const.php?mainmenu=home".
Marcos García 2015-02-01 17:54
You don't need any module for changing fonts. Just set the constant MAIN_PDF_FORCE_FONT to your desired font.
Mario DE WEERD 2015-02-01 15:44
I understand that changing the font does the trick but I do not see a way to change it from the front office.
Also, in this particular case I have a customer in Greece, my Dolibarr is in French and I defined the customer as English (UK) so that we both can understand the documents.
However the address is in Greek.

After a search, I found that the "UltimatePDF" module allows me to set the font to DejaVuSans, but this is not available for standard use.

I think there should be some method to allow all users to print their addresses correctly.
Marcos García 2015-02-01 14:38
It is because of the font used.

Check attached screenshot to see how does the PDF look like with another font.