Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Backward compatibility old php version

From: Régis Houssin
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Backward compatibility old php version
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:32:10 +0200

Hi,

I want to remind that the project dates from 2001 and php5 arrived in
2004 and that until it is stable and that the web hosting companies and
businesses migrate to php5 he has had to continue to maintain
compatibility. Since version 3 we have decided not to maintain this
compatibility php4, however we do have 600k lines of code to convert!

 If you want to start we will be very grateful! ;-)

Le 21/06/11 20:07, Gustavo Novaro a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
> When coding in dolibarr i see in all files are coding with old php
> rules, i promote php 5 and php 4 don't have official support, don't
> promote old practice like register globals, old php object model.
>
> all classes are codded like this
>
> class Skeleton_class
> {
>      var $db;                            //!< To store db handler
>      var $error;                            //!< To return error code
> (or message)
>      var $errors=array();                //!< To return several error
> codes (or messages)
>      //var $element='skeleton';            //!< Id that identify managed
> objects
>      //var $table_element='skeleton';    //!< Name of table without
> prefix where object is stored
>
>      var $id;
>      var $prop1;
>      var $prop2;
>          function initAsSpecimen()
>          {
>
>          }
> }
> ?>
>
> please replace all var in properties for public, private and protected
> and all methods we have accesors
> public function...
>
> All classes or pure php files should not have the closing tag for php
> "?>", since the compiler will not interpret it and if they have any
> newline at the end of the interrupt after the execution of scripts, it
> is good practice to use this promoting the project mediawiki.

Cordialement,
--
Régis Houssin
Cap-Networks