Re: [Dolibarr-dev] How to split Pull Request ?

From: Doursenaud , Raphaël
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] How to split Pull Request ?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:16:59 +0200

Yep, rule of thumb with GIT and GitHub: always create a new branch from upstream each time you're working on a new topic.
We call them "topic branches".
You inadvertedly discoverred the cool thing about pull requests, you can add more to them by simply pushing to the related branch.

Cheers,

You are right, you have to create different branches.

Since the changes are pushed you cannot alter the history... Maybe creating a new branch before the change and cherry picking the commits to the newer, so that you can delete the older one...

Regards, Marcos.