Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translations management

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translations management
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:21:23 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'd like to have a better understanding of the way we manage translations in the Dolibarr project because I reported quite a few translation related bugs for our current 3.7 beta and am doing followup work to ensure these are fixed before release.

I also carefully red the translator documentation on the wiki (http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Translator_documentation).

I read that translations are only synced with the develop branch.
Does this mean that the fixes to the bugs I reported won't make it to our 3.7 release?

I fixed documentation. It is done on develop branch but also on beta branch. And above all, just before the final release is packaged.
So all fixed done during a beta are included into stable.

If that's the case, this is an unacceptable situation!
I understand it can be quite tedious to deal with Transifex syncing but when we're on a freeze phase before a major release, syncing should be done with the stabilization branch (3.7 at the moment).
The beta cycle is the best moment for translators to submit and polish their work.

Can a Yoda clear thing up for me?

Also I find quite dumb to recommend automatic translations first.
We all know that automatic translations are dubious and can't possibly match the quality of a carefully crafted human translation preferably done by a native speaker.
I propose rearranging the wiki page to have Transifex at the top. Any objections?

I rearranged page too.

Thanks,
--

http://gpcsolutions.fr