Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Which column is correct?

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Which column is correct?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:14:16 +0100

sure, having  user_creation  allows to know  fk_user_creation.
But this means, each time we load an objet to also loadd all child object. In most cases, we store only the id and we make the load/fetch toi get and store object only if we really need it.

Well, I just think that these two properties have the same data (all of them identify an user)

  • fk_user_creation id user creating object
  • user_creation object User creating object

So, if we set and get the user_creation property we will be able to get it is ID. It is interesting to know and/or decide which property of the 2 is the most used and deprecate the other one to have an unique representation of the user that created the object.

Regards,

Marcos García
address@hidden

Currently, properties were using a lot of different name. Each
developer used to add properties with its onw name, so there is no
correct answer.

It is time to normalize this. I started to suggest values for such
properties (user of creation, date and author) on this page. What do
you think of this rule on name:

http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Langages_et_normes#Classes