Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.8.1 and freeze of Dolibarr 3.9

From: Charles Benke
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr 3.8.1 and freeze of Dolibarr 3.9
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 16:14:10 +0200

Hello at all

Please excuse my poor english

With this routine, a can previously announce that 3.9.0 version will be more buggy “as usual” .0 version, it’s not a critic, it’s a fact!

It’s time to change the roadmap, for the first year, Dolibarr core download is to the down if we continue with 2 undiferencied major versions we will finish to crash the team development

I propose that the 3.9 version was based on actual 3.8 version and the actual develop version will be the 3.10

In this 3.9, we work only to integrate 2 majors feature need by our customer : accounting and multicurrency

To have time to made this work, this new version will be launch on april

SO I propose a new roadmap based on 2 date of delivery version April and September, this choice of date is based of saison of upload (September is the begin of the high upload and april, the and) for not perturb the new user with a new version during the high saison

The april version (impair) is for the user and include new feature chose by Dolibarr user with a pool

The September version (pair) is to introduce new internal feature of Dolibarr and is for test and will be the base of the next april version

What do you think of that

Bien cordialement,

Charlie Benke