Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Fighting the db name change

From: Florian HENRY
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Fighting the db name change
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 10:29:25 +0200

Hello all,

    It is a good point to introduce a dictionary structure into
Dolibarr, but I feel a different and more global way.

    I will prefer get this informations from tables rather than in a PHP
file. Table "Object" with field "Class name","Class path", .... a table
"Object_field" with field "name", "type","table_FK", "etc...",  " as it
is done more or less into object_extrafields table.
    An auto-descritif table models will be a very nice improvement and
open gate to lot's of time reduction in dev.

    Why store this into database rather than PHP file ? Because tomorrow
Python application can read object structure from DB, not from PHP file.

    Anyway, it is a good at least a good start, and as Laurent says
"step by step".

Regards

Florian Henry
+33 6 03 76 48 07